The kind of holster you carry with will make or break your concealed carry experience. Honestly you’re not going to carry everyday unless you’re comfortable. I’ve been looking for the concealed carry golden duo for a year and I’ve recently settled for the Glock 43 and the Tulster Profile Holster IWB (inside the waistband) and I’m not looking back. Here’s my experience with this holster after about 2 months of non-stop use.
Let me just start out by saying that I was not asked by Tulster to give this review and was in no way compensated for this review or given any deals. I bought this holster full price from Amazon. I just want to share my experience to hopefully point someone to a quality product I have confidence in. All opinions are my own.
That said, there are some affiliate links in this post (to help pay the bills), but are not sponsored by Tulster.
Earlier this past year, I’d been carrying a Glock 19 with an IWB holster. The holster I was using was heavy duty and mostly comfortable, but I was getting tired of always being overly conscious of my movements. Especially bending over awkwardly in the store to get something off the bottom shelf, trying to remain straight-backed when sitting down or standing up with groups of people to prevent the butt of my gun from sticking out like a sore thumb. I was constantly adjusting my clothing to make sure I wasn’t printing (when the outline of the weapon or holster is visible through the covering clothing).
That’s when I switched over to a Glock 43, which is compact and smaller, and thus easier to conceal. After searching for holsters for the G43, I found Tulster’s Profile Holster. Having never carried appendix before, I was a little hesitant but decided to give it a try. Reading the many high reviews of the holster helped win me over.
As of now, I’ve been using this holster for about 2 months now, and couldn’t be happier. I never knew it was possible to be so comfortable while carrying! I can carry all day with this holster without any discomfort. There have been times were I literally “forget” I’m wearing it; its that comfortable! I can move naturally and do everyday activities without worrying about my weapon printing or being uncomfortable.
All about the Tulster Profile IWB Holster
- Size: 2 x 6 x 10 inches (for the Glock 43)
- Weight: 2.4 ounces (for the G43)
- Material: Kydex
- Style: IWB, appendix carry, but other positions would work as well.
- Holsters available for: M&P, Sig Sauer, Walther, Glock, Ruger, Springfield Armory, and others (find them on Tulster.com or on Amazon).
- all edges are smoothed down, so there’s no snagging, pinching or jabbing. Its even comfortable against the skin without an wearing undershirt.
- deeply concealable
- perfect for EDC (everyday carry).
- extremely streamlined and minimalistic; there is no bulk or extra Kydex anywhere, only where necessary
- fits my Glock 43 like a glove. No scuffing up the paint job from being too tight and no rocking back and forth from being too loose.
- the belt clip is absolutely ingenious! Clips on to the belt with ease and is very secure. Un-clipping is easy, fast and can be done with one hand and without unfastening your belt.
- holster does not cover the mag release button, which enables one-handed mag reloads while the gun is still holstered.
- drawing and re-holstering is very smooth.
- when re-holstering, there is an audible positive click so you know the gun is fully holstered and secure.
- when re-holstering there is hardly any “drag” until the gun the gun gets to the retention point, which helps reduce wear to the holster and gun.
- the gun doesn’t fall out of the holster when held upside down and shook. Great retention.
- made with tough Kydex and is very lightweight. Tulster offers many different colors and styles on Tulster’s website.
- totally comfortable when sitting for long periods of time, driving in the car, or wearing all day.
- adjustable cant (angle that the gun is carried at) from 0-15 degrees
- trigger is completely covered, so there is no chance of an accidental misfire while the gun is holstered.
- very comfortable at the 12:30-1:00 appendix positions
- has a full sweat guard to help prevent pinching while re-holstering and also so the slide doesn’t jab you.
- holster is available for right or left hand
- may be considered a little spendy (around $70), but honestly its totally worth it for a holster that is extremely comfortable, high quality and is a joy to carry with.
- make sure you have a belt that will fit the belt clip. The holster belt clip is meant for a 1 1/2″ belt, and you can get spacers for the belt clip which will make it fit a thicker belt.
Overall, I am thrilled with this holster and would strongly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a comfortable, every-day carry holster.
Tips for the Ladies:
- wearing higher-waisted jeans really helps with concealing and comfort. Low-rise would still work with this holster, but it wouldn’t be as comfortable (for me at least) while sitting and driving.
- this holster is easily concealable with a regular t-shirt and jean shorts, and allows me to wear clothes/outfits that otherwise wouldn’t work with a larger gun or holster.
What holsters have you had success with? I would love to hear about them! xx