Well hello there, 2017.
Wow, 2016 seemed to fly by fast, didn’t it?! A lot of fantastic things happened last year, even the little, seemingly minuscule moments. God is so faithful! I’d love to share a few of the happenings of my personal 2016 with you in the form of a picture post. Consider it like my Christmas letter to you!
- Seth and I celebrated our 1st anniversary January 2016, and in a few days will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary! Here’s a couple of our favorite pictures from our wedding (taken by On3Design).
- Started The Backwoods Beauty blog, which turns 1 year old this month!
- Finished our living room makeover.
- Did a few woodworking projects with Seth.
- Started our vegetable garden and got a good yield of corn, green beans, carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
- Taught a group of girls at my church’s Vacation Bible School.
- Little moments during spring 2016:
- Started cleaning part-time.
- Selling clothes on Poshmark really took off.
- Did some fishing and explored some lakes way out in the National Forest.
- Road trip to Ohio to be in one of my best friend’s wedding. (Photo by VictoriaPhotos.)
- Spent time swimming and soaking up the sun.
- Used evenings to go hiking and weekends to enjoy the beaches of Lake Superior.
- Picked and filled our freezers with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and apples.
- Enjoyed going to the Minnesota State Fair for the 1st time.
- Small summer 2016 moments:
- Began volunteering weekly at my local thrift store.
- Went hiking in the Porcupine Mountains, MI right when the leaves were at their peak color.
- Started getting more intentional with my shooting practice.
- Other small moments this past fall.
- Really enjoyed Christmas, and loved getting our house all decorated.
- Little and quiet moments this winter:
Happy New Year!
Excited to see what 2017 has in store!
The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!
Lamentations 3:22-24 (NASB)